Korman Residential received the following (attached) proclamation from the Mayor of Palmyra New Jersey on April 12, 2010 in honor of Korman Residential's smoke-free buildings and the Korman Residential "Breathe Fresh Air" public service initiative.
Whereas, smoking is the single largest preventable cause of death and illness in the United States and globally; and
Whereas, exposure to secondhand smoke poses a serious threat to the health and well-being of non-smokers and especially to children, and persons with chronic disease and breathing disabilities; and
Whereas, Korman Residential Properties, Willow Shores has taken a leadership role with the Burlington County Community Partnerships for a Tobacco-free New Jersey and Prevention Plus of Burlington County in addressing exposure to secondhand smoke and countering tobacco influences; and
Whereas, Korman Residential Properties is helping to educate employees and residents of the harmful effects of tobacco, by referring employees and residents to a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist at the Virtua Quitcenter.
Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved that the Borough Council of Palmyra, Burlington County Community Partnerships for a Tobacco-Free New Jersey, Prevention Plus of Burlington County, Global Advisors on Smokefree Policy (GASP) and Virtua Quitcenters honors Korman Residential properties for offering smoke-free apartment buildings to residents.
John Gural, Mayor
Date: April 12, 2010
Borough Council Meeting Attendees included:
- Bonnie Marcus, Coordinator of the Burlington County Community Partnerships for a Tobacco-Free New Jersey
- Cynthia Grant, RN, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Virtua Quitcenter
- Lynn Rosner, Chair of the workgroup for Camden County Partnerships for a Tobacco-Free New Jersey
- Irene Enarusai, Community Program Monitor, New Jersey Department of Health And Senior Services
- Deven Singh, Therapeutic Specialty Representative, Pfizer